Always check if the robots.txt has got any errors once you upload it to the server. Below is a link where you can check for the robot.txt . Use the below free Robots.txt validator for analyzing the errors in the robots of the website.
The robots should be taken care – so that search engines would be able to see the website robots, knows what to do with the page.
Communication Gap definitely leads to wrong deliverables. So if proper, clear and effective communication is given, then 100% business can see success.
Greater the brand visibility, greater would be the chances for your product to be retained in the customers mind, resulting in increased volume of sales. So to increase the brand visibility, it’s a must to create an excitement among your customers. Here are a few proven tips that would popularise your brand in the Market.
1. Have an attractive-speaking Website – “Attractive-Speaking Website” doesn’t mean that someone should voice in the website, it’s about the content and design of the website. The design should be attractive, with consistency in colour, and product. The content should talk about what the product is? And what does the product do? And why one should buy your product? If these 3 questions are answered, then the needful customers will get trust. Next step would be SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – which brings in your site in top of search engines when right keywords are chosen for identifying your website content.
2. Special Promotions – you can make a noise in the market, by providing variety of offers, gifts, discounts, etc during the festival season. Here you need to be careful about what to bundle with your product, to attract potential customers. This can be done by running a email campaign, online poster ads, website banners, and many more.
3. Media – Its one of the effective means of increasing brand visibility. If your budget fits in you can provide television ads or else you can go with social media, where you can create your own videos and upload, promote them. When you do these kinds of ads, you can sponsor / embed some social awareness and welfare messages.
4. Newspapers & Magazines – The most widely used means to promote your product and its brand. When it comes to newspapers and magazines, you can promote your brand by 2 ways. The no.1 would be to provide frequent news, press releases and articles to the editors and the no.2 would be to provide ads in the newspaper and magazines, both online as well as offline i.e. print media.
5. Sponsors – It’s all based on your Product. If you product is kind of enterprise then sponsor a corporate event, seminar etc. If your product is for consumers, then sponsor it for some major events like film fare, fashion show, sports, colleges, cultural programmes, social awareness programs and many more. These kinds of major events brings in lot of people in one place, which with combination of the media, newspaper, internet etc will provide you good weightage for your brand among the customers.
6. Viral Marketing – Viral Marketing is spreading the brand via buzzwords. Effective participation in social media optimization and social networking sites, will popularize your brand as well and bring in quality visitors to your website, and potential customers to your business. Promote your brand via popular websites like facebook, YouTube, google, yahoo buzz, etc which is a place where people will gather online. So effective promotion in social book marking sites will bring in success.
7. Online Forums and Communities – discuss and help your customers online by joining in forums and online communities. Create a group and share interesting topics and new product releases, upgrade etc.
8. Banners & Hoardings – these 2 again are great medium of advertising. Choose the right location if it’s going to be a physical banner/hoarding or choose the right website, to give banner ad online. An important tip here is to associate your logo, product and brand with some kind of social awareness messages to get additional exposure of your Brand.
9. Email Signatures – Whenever you or your associates send an email, use your company logo in the signature along with the website. A well organized, effective and unique color scheme will attract your customers and clients.
10. Other means of Promotions – Give your employees and customers T-Shirts, Jerkins with your logo printed, Give stickers for your employees to stick in their vehicles for parking inside the premises, make canopy of umbrella , standees, when you put some stalls on the road-side, put your logo in your office bus, give a pen with your logo embossed in it to customers / clients who trial your products, give an award, a shield which has got the logo embossed to your resellers and dealers to place it in their shops etc. There are still lot of small things which can really bring in great brand visibility, potential customer and good reputation to your business.
If you website ranking well and positioned well in search engine, and disappeared suddenly from the search listing after few content additions of content. No worries! All you have to do is check if there was duplication of content in your website or your website content was copied to a website which has a better page rank then yours. The below are few possibilities of a sudden disappearance of website from search engines.
Case 1: Duplication of Content
To check if the website content is copied from some other site visit www.copyscape.com and analyse your website. This shows the list of site which has similar content. So if you feel like the content in your website is same like the other, just tweak your content. In case your content is original and someone has copied it, report it to Google or any other search engine provider.
Case 2: Duplication of Content within website or from your old website
If you have the same content in 2 different web page links, then you need to block one from search engine index, if you want the other page not to be indexed. To do this, visit Google Webmaster central, add and block the link which you don’t want the search engine to crawl. (Though you can do this using the .htaccess or robots.txt, this method will also work in Google – as Google is most used search engine, importance is given to Google search)
In case your entire site or specific pages is the same as your old website, all you have to do is take the content and have them in the server backup, and see that the old website doesn’t appear. Once the entire website shows a 404 error, resubmit it to search engines, so that once they crawl, if there is no content found in the website, search engines will remove them from their index.
Case 3: Website Server IP
This rarely does happen, if a website has two servers 1. Live server and 2. Development server (which is not supposed to be available for public and is used in internal organisations). If you buy a website ip from a service provider, and by chance you get a the ip of the link, which was ranking good and now is dead, the content which you may post would reflect on the website which doesn’t belong to you. So your website will appear in 2 different website.(only the url will be different, all the others will remain same) This is something the Web host provider needs to take care off. In this case, you need to ask the host provider to clear the cache of the old server.
Case 4: Link Spamming
Link Spamming is frequently changing the links with the same content. When a search engine crawls the website, and if the links keep on changing, and each time, the previous link is dead/broken, then search engines will think, those are spamming links. So this may also lead to drop in search listings.
Also Watch the Video – These are the insights given my Matt Cutts, Google
Apart from this there are many reasons, but these are few important points, which optimizers see that there is a sudden drop in the traffic. (Even I forgot, these things, and later realized, these are the things, I missed out during analysis. Though I concentrated on the few things which does occur normally)
Now one of the biggest challenges that this age brings us is the constraint of time and of course global resource usage and its impact on the environment. Online shopping in its own way can positively impact both these problems.
There are many prejudices against online shopping on the lines of unsafe fiscal transactions, inadequate information about the product and the lack of opportunity to actually view the product. But the perks are more than evident. The time saved in travel, the effort saved in actually physically going across the shops and the possibility of getting a good review before the purchase.
Today, most successful products sold on the internet are that ones that do not require a great shopping experience, or the essentials.. Like computer parts, software etc. on the other hand people would much rather buy cloths after they wear it once, would not prefer to shop for it on the internet. But this scenario is soon to change with the invent of ways to make the shopping experience better with video, audio and other multimedia effects on the internet. It is interesting to note that there are places where people buy cars on the internet these days.
On the other hand, sectors like grocery stores etc are fast adapting to the internet revolution. It is possible in most parts of the world these days to buy products on the internet.
Like mentioned before time is a premium for everyone. Both the shopper and the seller save a lot of time when It comes to online shopping. All the host has to do is to set up a clean website and a good payment portal, the buyer come in and do their bit. On the other hand the buyer can shop at leisure with his computer where ever he wants. It’s a win-win situation.
Considering the money saved and betterment in shopping experience, online shopping is here to stay for some time to come.
Most of the website designers and developers often concentrate on the design, look and feel, aesthetics of the website, whereas forget about the name, size and the number of images appearing in the webpage. So it’s a must to optimize the images. There are two types of Graphic Optimization, one which helps in acheiving high speed website and the other which help in search engine optimization.
1. Optimizing the Image Size ie. Creating a image which is less in size.
The graphic/image present in the website should be less in size and more efficient , hence when a website gets downloaded, along with the image also gets downloaded. So if the image size is big, then it would take time for the website to display and also consumes high bandwidth.
Say for example, if a image is 40 KB, it would take some time to get downloaded, instead if it is just 4 KB, within a fraction of milli-seconds it would get downloaded, which results in quick display of the web page.
Recommendation: It’s recommended that the homepage or any other page is less than 200 KB overall and with less than 20 Objects. This would increase the download speed of the website at the same time doesn’t consume more bandwidth.
2. Optimizing the Image Name
When Website Templates are created, it involves writing a style sheet, which may contain some images. It is good to name the images as header_img.gif , body_img_bg.gif etc in case of style sheets to easily understand, whereas when it comes to products boxes, mangement people images, its good to have the name related that product.
Say for example, if there is an antivirus program boxshot, you can name the image as “Buy_Antivirus.gif” with an alt text as “Virus protection software” etc. So this would also help the website listed in search engines for keywords like buy antivirus software protection etc. Because all the search engine spiders see only the text and not the image. So its necessary to the image with relevant names which adds value to SEO. In case you the an antivirus software as “as.jpg” then as is not going to be listed nor conveys a meaning.
Hope this helps!
H1, H2, Alt Texts , Page Title are more important when optimizing a website. So its important to have the target keywords in these tags. Below are the few important HTML tags that needs to be used in SEO.
<title> Internet Marketing Blog </title> – This tag is the one which is more important and would be seen in search engine results as well as browsers.
Keyword Tag – This would contain the words which are generally searched in search engines
<meta name=”keywords” content=”keyword, keywords, key words, effective search terms, search keywords “>
Description Tag – Gives a short description about what the page is about.
<meta name=”description” content=”Optimize your website with important SEO HTML tags”>
Author – Provide the author name or email address
<meta name=”author” content=”Yuvaraj Hermesmyth”>
Robots – a conditon with which we can allow or disallow indexing by search engines
< meta name=”robots” content=”allow”>
<h1> Heading 1 </h1>
< h2> Heading 2 </h2>
< h3> Heading 3 </h3>
< h4> Heading 4 </h4>
< h5> Heading 5 </h5>
< h6> Heading 6 </h6>
Tag for Automatically Refreshing a Webpage after 20 Seconds
<meta http-equiv=”refresh” content=”20;url=http://www.hermesmyth.com/”>
Tag for Image Optimization
Optimizing a image name is also important. A good alt text will also be helpful in SEO.
<img src=”painting.gif” alt=”Mordern Paintings” />
When you want to post an email and when clicked it that needs to be opened in the users default email client this tag is used.
<a href=”mailto:email@example.com?subject=Hello%20Yuvaraj“> Send Mail</a>
Internal Links or Links placed within the webpage should have proper keywords in alt text, which helps the website rank better.
<a href=”http://artgallery.hermesmyth.com” alt=”Art Gallery, Mordern Day Paintings”>Art Gallery</a>
Few important points to be noted:
1.) Website Submission: When a website is submitted in a website it is good to have minimum 200 words, with 2-3% keyword density.
3.) Don’t use Frames or limit the usage of frames, hence search engine won’t recognize the frameset which cause lot of problems to the search engine spiders. Its better to use internal hyperlinks inside frames, if you wanted to have frames.
4.) Flash Pages: Use the Meta keywords and description tag for flash pages. Webpages which are completed designed using flash is called as splash pages. Most of these flash components are not recognized by search engines as they are not HTML hyperlinks.
5.) Have Speed, Reliable and Best Web Hosting Server, to prevent website down-times.
Globally today internet is playing a major role in any type of business. Even we can say that internet has become a part of our day-to-day life. Individuals, Small Scale Business sectors to large scale business sectors, has been investing lot of money and time to attract worldwide customers to their website via internet search engines, to enhance and promote their company’s brand name and products. In order to drive more traffic to a website and get a good percentage of conversion rates, an organised internet marketing strategy needs to be worked out. Below are few important points that need to be followed while doing online marketing.
- Design your website in a way that you sell your concept and then the product. This means, you need have a good design, which attracts the customers and is pleasant to the eye, meanwhile is should say what your company/product is about, with a CALL TO ACTION
- Follow up-to-date Search Engine Optimization Techniques. Keep studying quality SEO forums, blogs etc. I would recommend you to have a glance at http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/ and http://www.seochat.com/
- Build quality links focusing on right keywords
- Email Campaign – Shoot out regular emails and newsletters to your target customers. Be sure you provide an unsubscribe option and opt-in list in your emails and website.
- Do regular Press Releases, and submit it to editors and PR websites. Get your products reviewed my product review editors
- Assist your customers via forums, blog and respond them as soon as you find a new thread or question
- Write and publish your articles online, and submit it to article publishing websites and social media websites.
- Analyse your website on a periodic basis to check for broken links, redirects, sitemaps and other related information
- Promote your products, providing special offers in your website.
- Update your website regularly
- Prepare monthly web metrics and progress of your website traffic vs. conversion rates
- Last but not the least – Have a constant eye on your competitor’s website and marketing strategies.
Do you have a blog or website and want to make money with it – sign up now to earn some revenue.