From the day the social media has grown, the content is travelling faster and faster, when it is short and sweet. Let it be a quote, image or a video.
A few easy to remember suggestions that makes your social media optimization effective.
1. Let the content be for your customers and not for you
2. Let the content be “Precise and Interesting” – People don’t have time to read all bull s**t
3. Add a link, somewhere in right bottom corner, so it doesn’t disturb the eyes of readers
4. Don’t give repetitive content, Got it!
Also Get Instant Twitter Followers and promote your website
Greater the brand visibility, greater would be the chances for your product to be retained in the customers mind, resulting in increased volume of sales. So to increase the brand visibility, it’s a must to create an excitement among your customers. Here are a few proven tips that would popularise your brand in the Market.
1. Have an attractive-speaking Website – “Attractive-Speaking Website” doesn’t mean that someone should voice in the website, it’s about the content and design of the website. The design should be attractive, with consistency in colour, and product. The content should talk about what the product is? And what does the product do? And why one should buy your product? If these 3 questions are answered, then the needful customers will get trust. Next step would be SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – which brings in your site in top of search engines when right keywords are chosen for identifying your website content.
2. Special Promotions – you can make a noise in the market, by providing variety of offers, gifts, discounts, etc during the festival season. Here you need to be careful about what to bundle with your product, to attract potential customers. This can be done by running a email campaign, online poster ads, website banners, and many more.
3. Media – Its one of the effective means of increasing brand visibility. If your budget fits in you can provide television ads or else you can go with social media, where you can create your own videos and upload, promote them. When you do these kinds of ads, you can sponsor / embed some social awareness and welfare messages.
4. Newspapers & Magazines – The most widely used means to promote your product and its brand. When it comes to newspapers and magazines, you can promote your brand by 2 ways. The no.1 would be to provide frequent news, press releases and articles to the editors and the no.2 would be to provide ads in the newspaper and magazines, both online as well as offline i.e. print media.
5. Sponsors – It’s all based on your Product. If you product is kind of enterprise then sponsor a corporate event, seminar etc. If your product is for consumers, then sponsor it for some major events like film fare, fashion show, sports, colleges, cultural programmes, social awareness programs and many more. These kinds of major events brings in lot of people in one place, which with combination of the media, newspaper, internet etc will provide you good weightage for your brand among the customers.
6. Viral Marketing – Viral Marketing is spreading the brand via buzzwords. Effective participation in social media optimization and social networking sites, will popularize your brand as well and bring in quality visitors to your website, and potential customers to your business. Promote your brand via popular websites like facebook, YouTube, google, yahoo buzz, etc which is a place where people will gather online. So effective promotion in social book marking sites will bring in success.
7. Online Forums and Communities – discuss and help your customers online by joining in forums and online communities. Create a group and share interesting topics and new product releases, upgrade etc.
8. Banners & Hoardings – these 2 again are great medium of advertising. Choose the right location if it’s going to be a physical banner/hoarding or choose the right website, to give banner ad online. An important tip here is to associate your logo, product and brand with some kind of social awareness messages to get additional exposure of your Brand.
9. Email Signatures – Whenever you or your associates send an email, use your company logo in the signature along with the website. A well organized, effective and unique color scheme will attract your customers and clients.
10. Other means of Promotions – Give your employees and customers T-Shirts, Jerkins with your logo printed, Give stickers for your employees to stick in their vehicles for parking inside the premises, make canopy of umbrella , standees, when you put some stalls on the road-side, put your logo in your office bus, give a pen with your logo embossed in it to customers / clients who trial your products, give an award, a shield which has got the logo embossed to your resellers and dealers to place it in their shops etc. There are still lot of small things which can really bring in great brand visibility, potential customer and good reputation to your business.
Many of the fresh search engine optimizers (SEO’s) as well as experienced sometimes knowingly or unknowingly in order to increase the website traffic start using few unethical ways which doesn’t obey the SEO guidelines. These are done in order to bring the page rank, and increase the website traffic in a short period of time.
So what are the common black hat seo techniques that are followed and what happens to a website if black hat seo are used?
Here the answer for your question.
Generally, black hat seo is kind of spam and unethical, for which search engine companies penalize for misuse by banning the website from their search engines.
Using Invisible Text: This is a common method, in which website developers use to get the list of top searched keywords and put them in the page, in the website background color. When a person searches in a search engine a using a specific keyword might reach this page, whereas the page which he lands has nothing to do with that keyword, nor it would be visible to the website visitor.
Below is a recent site that I got in my Google alert for a keyword I subscribed. When I went to the website, there is irrelevant content to a furniture shop . Here is the invisible text “keywords” they used to rank it.
Stuffing Keywords: Lot of keywords are stuffed in a specific page, with lot of repetitions, which is against the search engine policies. Also the Meta tags also have lot of keywords.
Website Cloaking: A webpage is created for the sole purpose of increasing the website traffic by identifying the search engine’s spider user agent or ip address. When a user visits the page, he would be taken to some other page which wouldn’t be related to what was shown in search results.
Doorway Page: A page is optimized for specific keywords and once starts getting in traffic, the website would be redirected to the real website. This is also similar to website cloaking.
Link Farms: This is a kind of spamming the search engines indexing algorithm. This is also known as spamdexing. It linking to site whereever possible, but which are not relevant to the content or keywords. This is made with the only intention to increase the backlinks, reciprocal link, which search engine see as spamming, as it is against the search engine indexing policies.
Is there a good penalty other than blocking or re-ranking the site? Yes, good penalizes by blocking the site or by dropping site from its current position to some the bottom of the results.
Here is the site, that was blocked by Google for using Black Hat Technique. ( I have provided the image of the invisible text given in the html code)
Many of you if not having a website, would surely use a blog either Blogger or WordPress. You may be posting lot of good articles, but still you may not see your blog listed in any of the first 10 pages of your favourite search engine. Are you really interested in bringing your blog within those first 10 or 5 pages or even to the first page, then follow the below simple web blog optimization tips.
1. Choose a domain / blog name (With a keyword, else if you want you to have general name then go ahead and follow the below optimization points – a domain name with a keyword is an add-on to seo technique.)
2. Have a theme / template that is really pleasing to the eyes. There are lot of free templates available, use them
3. Checkout for a good and reliable webhosting provider. Also if you use a wordpress or blogger for blogging, they can you their self-hosting.
4. Avoid overloading the widgets in your blog, it will slow down the web page ie. It will take long time to open the blog itself.
5. Provide a Descriptive Title with right keywords in it. Title should not be more longer.
6. Use original content, do not copy somebody’s content and post it in your blog, it will be duplication and your site won’t rank at the top.
7. Permalinks – while give the links for the post, use the month / date and title of the blog. And again in wordpress you have an option to edit the link itself. Say if you have a got link as “blog.com/november/26/Web-Blog-Optimization-Tips-and-Techniques-for-all-blog-beginners.php “ you can make that as “blog.com/November/26/blog-optimization-tips.php”
8. Make use of the RSS feeds. Submit the feed links to RSS feed reader sites, this will help your content travel. Customize your feed content like only first 2 paragraphs appears and there is a option to read more which brings the feed readers to your blog.
9. Submit your blog to web directories and search engines.
10. Keep posting and updating your blog regularly
11. Use descriptive and relevant keywords in the tags. The tag clouds will help in bringing visitors when indexed by search engines.
13. If available install some seo supported plugins in your blog. Also when there is newer version of blog available upgrade it.
14. Add social media websites icon in the footer of the blog to share your posting in social networking sites. You can do this by visiting www.addthis.com register and add the code provided in the template footer.
15. Keep you blog interesting and precise. (This is a pretty long post for me….but thought this would be a great interest to my readers )
16. Keep reading the latest Search Engine optimization (SEO) techniques and follow them
Viral Marketing the word itself says a technique in marketing which can spread fast like a fever. But how? Yes the marketing fever that spreads fast via Social Networking Sites, where there should be definitely a group of people gathering or buzzing around.
Companies ranging from Start-up to Days-old are interested in creating a successful viral marketing programs to reach their target customers, spreading viral messages that appeal the individuals or a set of people who spread the message fast to their community.
Viral Marketing is like telling a secret to a women , Yes, its spreads so fast if effectively conveyed and is passed along from one individual to a group of individual who is ready to hear the individuals speak.
Online Viral Marketing techniques involve Social Networking Sites, media sites, Video Clips, games, images and also tech messages. These modes are used to create brand awareness between individuals,enterprises and others.
Viral Marketing can be done using your favorite websites which you visit regularly with lot of interest. Few Sites to point out include
Honestly Viral Marketing is now becoming the highest contributor to SEO, link building activities and other online marketing tactics.
Off-Page Optimization is optimizing a website with target keywords related to the website content externally. This external search engine optimization techniques increase the page rank, as well as increases the conversion rates via maximization of search engine results for the specified targeted keywords.
Off-Page optimization includes external linking and placement of targeted keywords in the content, linking the targeted keyword to the relevant web page. The off-page search engine optimization techniques involves the following.
1.) Website / Directory Submission
Submitting the website to multiple relevant website, search engine and business directories
2.) Press Releases and Article Distribution
Writing press releases and publishing it online. When writing press releases it should have some “Targeted Keywords”, which should be hyperlinked to the relevant webpage.
3.) Social Networking
Social networking has been in very good hype and becoming one of the important thing in linking building activity. Social networking sites like digg, delicious, slashdot, twitter etc have been increasing the linkablity and also brings good audiences.
4.) Link Building Campaigns
Apart from the above said link building tactics, we can also do specialized link building campaigns. We can request for complementary links from the people/other business who do business with us. This also involves, one-way, two-way, three-way and multiway link building.
5.) Link Exchanges
Link Exchange is exchanging the links between two website owners. There are certain factors such as page rank, relevancy of the business etc to be considered, inorder to do quality link building.
6.) Blogging and Commenting
We can have our blogs or can ask some bloggers to provide links to the website for which we seek optimization for. Also we can visit someother blogs and comment for their articles, by providing our link. This is also one way to aquire links
7.) Forum Postings
Forums are also one way of acquiring links. We can discuss on some good topic, where more number of poeple will participate. Here in forums, signature are considered important. we can either provide the link or just hyperlink the keyword, so that the forum vistors would click the link to know more about the person who has contributed to the forum. Real interesting topics will fetch good amount of traffic to the website.
Also note that while running a link building campaign, check out the page rank for better results. If the page rank is higher than yours, then it must be your target to get a link. Hence it would definitely provide your website with a good page rank as well in the future after off-page optimisation is done.
I would discuss more about how to choose the target keywords, the impact of off-page optimization to a website in SEO and the comparison between on-page optimization and off-page optimization in my upcoming posts. Till then stay tuned…..