Greater the brand visibility, greater would be the chances for your product to be retained in the customers mind, resulting in increased volume of sales. So to increase the brand visibility, it’s a must to create an excitement among your customers. Here are a few proven tips that would popularise your brand in the Market.
1. Have an attractive-speaking Website – “Attractive-Speaking Website” doesn’t mean that someone should voice in the website, it’s about the content and design of the website. The design should be attractive, with consistency in colour, and product. The content should talk about what the product is? And what does the product do? And why one should buy your product? If these 3 questions are answered, then the needful customers will get trust. Next step would be SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – which brings in your site in top of search engines when right keywords are chosen for identifying your website content.
2. Special Promotions – you can make a noise in the market, by providing variety of offers, gifts, discounts, etc during the festival season. Here you need to be careful about what to bundle with your product, to attract potential customers. This can be done by running a email campaign, online poster ads, website banners, and many more.
3. Media – Its one of the effective means of increasing brand visibility. If your budget fits in you can provide television ads or else you can go with social media, where you can create your own videos and upload, promote them. When you do these kinds of ads, you can sponsor / embed some social awareness and welfare messages.
4. Newspapers & Magazines – The most widely used means to promote your product and its brand. When it comes to newspapers and magazines, you can promote your brand by 2 ways. The no.1 would be to provide frequent news, press releases and articles to the editors and the no.2 would be to provide ads in the newspaper and magazines, both online as well as offline i.e. print media.
5. Sponsors – It’s all based on your Product. If you product is kind of enterprise then sponsor a corporate event, seminar etc. If your product is for consumers, then sponsor it for some major events like film fare, fashion show, sports, colleges, cultural programmes, social awareness programs and many more. These kinds of major events brings in lot of people in one place, which with combination of the media, newspaper, internet etc will provide you good weightage for your brand among the customers.
6. Viral Marketing – Viral Marketing is spreading the brand via buzzwords. Effective participation in social media optimization and social networking sites, will popularize your brand as well and bring in quality visitors to your website, and potential customers to your business. Promote your brand via popular websites like facebook, YouTube, google, yahoo buzz, etc which is a place where people will gather online. So effective promotion in social book marking sites will bring in success.
7. Online Forums and Communities – discuss and help your customers online by joining in forums and online communities. Create a group and share interesting topics and new product releases, upgrade etc.
8. Banners & Hoardings – these 2 again are great medium of advertising. Choose the right location if it’s going to be a physical banner/hoarding or choose the right website, to give banner ad online. An important tip here is to associate your logo, product and brand with some kind of social awareness messages to get additional exposure of your Brand.
9. Email Signatures – Whenever you or your associates send an email, use your company logo in the signature along with the website. A well organized, effective and unique color scheme will attract your customers and clients.
10. Other means of Promotions – Give your employees and customers T-Shirts, Jerkins with your logo printed, Give stickers for your employees to stick in their vehicles for parking inside the premises, make canopy of umbrella , standees, when you put some stalls on the road-side, put your logo in your office bus, give a pen with your logo embossed in it to customers / clients who trial your products, give an award, a shield which has got the logo embossed to your resellers and dealers to place it in their shops etc. There are still lot of small things which can really bring in great brand visibility, potential customer and good reputation to your business.
If you website ranking well and positioned well in search engine, and disappeared suddenly from the search listing after few content additions of content. No worries! All you have to do is check if there was duplication of content in your website or your website content was copied to a website which has a better page rank then yours. The below are few possibilities of a sudden disappearance of website from search engines.
Case 1: Duplication of Content
To check if the website content is copied from some other site visit www.copyscape.com and analyse your website. This shows the list of site which has similar content. So if you feel like the content in your website is same like the other, just tweak your content. In case your content is original and someone has copied it, report it to Google or any other search engine provider.
Case 2: Duplication of Content within website or from your old website
If you have the same content in 2 different web page links, then you need to block one from search engine index, if you want the other page not to be indexed. To do this, visit Google Webmaster central, add and block the link which you don’t want the search engine to crawl. (Though you can do this using the .htaccess or robots.txt, this method will also work in Google – as Google is most used search engine, importance is given to Google search)
In case your entire site or specific pages is the same as your old website, all you have to do is take the content and have them in the server backup, and see that the old website doesn’t appear. Once the entire website shows a 404 error, resubmit it to search engines, so that once they crawl, if there is no content found in the website, search engines will remove them from their index.
Case 3: Website Server IP
This rarely does happen, if a website has two servers 1. Live server and 2. Development server (which is not supposed to be available for public and is used in internal organisations). If you buy a website ip from a service provider, and by chance you get a the ip of the link, which was ranking good and now is dead, the content which you may post would reflect on the website which doesn’t belong to you. So your website will appear in 2 different website.(only the url will be different, all the others will remain same) This is something the Web host provider needs to take care off. In this case, you need to ask the host provider to clear the cache of the old server.
Case 4: Link Spamming
Link Spamming is frequently changing the links with the same content. When a search engine crawls the website, and if the links keep on changing, and each time, the previous link is dead/broken, then search engines will think, those are spamming links. So this may also lead to drop in search listings.
Also Watch the Video – These are the insights given my Matt Cutts, Google
Apart from this there are many reasons, but these are few important points, which optimizers see that there is a sudden drop in the traffic. (Even I forgot, these things, and later realized, these are the things, I missed out during analysis. Though I concentrated on the few things which does occur normally)
Today as soon I came in, I just checked for few seo alerts. I found this news and thought I should definitely share with you all.
“In the last week, more than 280 search terms have been attacked by more than 6,600 black hat search engine optimization (SEO) operations, according to a study by SonicWall.”
Read the full article here: http://www.lastclicknews.com/black-hat-seo-operations-become-rampant-101052.html
There are different types of HATS, the Search Engine Optimizers wear. Below are list of seo hats. In fact, the true fact is that Black Hat, Grey Hat and White Hat SEO alone exists. Whereas people as they tried different terminologies in SEO to bring their site to top in SERP’s i.e. Search Engine Results Page, they gave different names such as yellow hat, green hat, brown hat, purple hat, pink hat and so on as they wish, but those did not really get life and did not exist.
Black Hat SEO:
The word itself says the unethical SEO. In this method of SEO, the keywords are stuffed irrelevant to the content, and is not visible to humans i.e. the text colour would be matched with the background colour of the webpage. Also this type of SEO is often adopted to bring the website to top ranking faster. Search Engines identify and block sites which rank top using Black Hat SEO Method.
Grey Hat SEO:
This is a combination of both black hat seo as well as white hat seo. Here they dont stuff the keyword but this includes buying links, semantic links, keyword file naming and density manipulation. Most of the Grey Hat SEO methods are proclaimed as white hat SEO, whereas search engines are against websites which buy links from third party websites.
Green Hat SEO:
This is a method and action which involves lot of tactics and actions to draw more website visitors. This is all about having fun and doing unnecessary things over a website to gain visitors.
Red Hat SEO:
This is just an observable phenomenon i.e. evaluation hypotheses of what is happening over the web. This is also like White Hat SEO.
White Hat SEO:
This is an ethical SEO method. Here Search Engine Optimizers follow the SEO Guidelines and work on acquiring natural links. This is a slow and a steady process which brings good SERP’s in the long run.
Blue Hat SEO:
This is an advanced SEO technique. Blue Hat Search Engine Optimizers have good knowledge about both Black as well as White hat seo, which makes the search engine optimizer to think in the creative aspect of seo, without voiding the seo guidelines.
So now you know which hat to choose right?
Everyone wants to host a website these days. Be a small shop or a big multinational company – Internet marketing is a part of their plans. In spite of the fact that this is a healthy scenario, there is flipside to this. Just wonder if you have a online shopping website and its webserver is down for a day or two.- So its better make the best choice at the beginning itself.
Web-hosting use to be privilege, for a select few when internet started kick off, but these days its available to a common man. This has increased the number of websites from a few million in 1999 to many billions in 2010. This has resulted in information over load. There is only so much of information a human mind can process, we re receiving information faster than what most of us can perceive. It is not an uncommon experience, when we can come out looking for specific information; we end up getting a lot of junk information.
The second decade into the 22nd century, there are many challenges that will posed to us in terms of web-hosting. It is likely that other domains like “ .com “ , “ .net “ will be introduced. For example there can exist a xyz.com and xyz.net. Though on one hand this will open up the scope for more sites, it will dilute the traffic to the intended site. Users are more likely to get misdirected.
Internet in general is expected to become slower by the end of this decade, because of information overload. Unlike what most people think, the future of internet can actually be slower than current days, since the number of activities of the internet per person is increasing as compared to increase in bandwidth.
Web-hosting is gradually becoming a reselling base affair, since most site-names have been bought out already. Now there is new industry that is emerging, that actually engages in aiding acquisition of websites. There are various levels of elements involved in the internet industry from brokers to sellers.
Though the rates of web space and domain names are available for cheaper, the cost of acquiring a site name alone is becoming expensive. But its more important that you choose the right web host service providers, who update the security patches regulary, so that our website account or web host account is not vulnerable to hacker attacks.
This decade, will pose a rat race for establishing a web identity. It is important to plan your web profiling as soon as possible to ensure that the desired effect is produced.
There is likely to new technological enhancements on the web-hosting sector. With increasing number of option like, video, audio and other 3D effects domain into website designing. Web-Hosting will be more advanced than ever before. It is likely that the prices of web space and allied expenses will fall. But deployment of newer technology to enhance the aesthetic feel of the site will prove more expensive.
So its better choose the right and best webhosting provider who provide you good speed, enough space, cost-effective, security, 24/7 support and most importantly that you believe the host provider to be reliable and hassle-free.
H1, H2, Alt Texts , Page Title are more important when optimizing a website. So its important to have the target keywords in these tags. Below are the few important HTML tags that needs to be used in SEO.
<title> Internet Marketing Blog </title> – This tag is the one which is more important and would be seen in search engine results as well as browsers.
Keyword Tag – This would contain the words which are generally searched in search engines
<meta name=”keywords” content=”keyword, keywords, key words, effective search terms, search keywords “>
Description Tag – Gives a short description about what the page is about.
<meta name=”description” content=”Optimize your website with important SEO HTML tags”>
Author – Provide the author name or email address
<meta name=”author” content=”Yuvaraj Hermesmyth”>
Robots – a conditon with which we can allow or disallow indexing by search engines
< meta name=”robots” content=”allow”>
<h1> Heading 1 </h1>
< h2> Heading 2 </h2>
< h3> Heading 3 </h3>
< h4> Heading 4 </h4>
< h5> Heading 5 </h5>
< h6> Heading 6 </h6>
Tag for Automatically Refreshing a Webpage after 20 Seconds
<meta http-equiv=”refresh” content=”20;url=http://www.hermesmyth.com/”>
Tag for Image Optimization
Optimizing a image name is also important. A good alt text will also be helpful in SEO.
<img src=”painting.gif” alt=”Mordern Paintings” />
When you want to post an email and when clicked it that needs to be opened in the users default email client this tag is used.
<a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Hello%20Yuvaraj“> Send Mail</a>
Internal Links or Links placed within the webpage should have proper keywords in alt text, which helps the website rank better.
<a href=”http://artgallery.hermesmyth.com” alt=”Art Gallery, Mordern Day Paintings”>Art Gallery</a>
Few important points to be noted:
1.) Website Submission: When a website is submitted in a website it is good to have minimum 200 words, with 2-3% keyword density.
3.) Don’t use Frames or limit the usage of frames, hence search engine won’t recognize the frameset which cause lot of problems to the search engine spiders. Its better to use internal hyperlinks inside frames, if you wanted to have frames.
4.) Flash Pages: Use the Meta keywords and description tag for flash pages. Webpages which are completed designed using flash is called as splash pages. Most of these flash components are not recognized by search engines as they are not HTML hyperlinks.
5.) Have Speed, Reliable and Best Web Hosting Server, to prevent website down-times.
Globally today internet is playing a major role in any type of business. Even we can say that internet has become a part of our day-to-day life. Individuals, Small Scale Business sectors to large scale business sectors, has been investing lot of money and time to attract worldwide customers to their website via internet search engines, to enhance and promote their company’s brand name and products. In order to drive more traffic to a website and get a good percentage of conversion rates, an organised internet marketing strategy needs to be worked out. Below are few important points that need to be followed while doing online marketing.
- Design your website in a way that you sell your concept and then the product. This means, you need have a good design, which attracts the customers and is pleasant to the eye, meanwhile is should say what your company/product is about, with a CALL TO ACTION
- Follow up-to-date Search Engine Optimization Techniques. Keep studying quality SEO forums, blogs etc. I would recommend you to have a glance at http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/ and http://www.seochat.com/
- Build quality links focusing on right keywords
- Email Campaign – Shoot out regular emails and newsletters to your target customers. Be sure you provide an unsubscribe option and opt-in list in your emails and website.
- Do regular Press Releases, and submit it to editors and PR websites. Get your products reviewed my product review editors
- Assist your customers via forums, blog and respond them as soon as you find a new thread or question
- Write and publish your articles online, and submit it to article publishing websites and social media websites.
- Analyse your website on a periodic basis to check for broken links, redirects, sitemaps and other related information
- Promote your products, providing special offers in your website.
- Update your website regularly
- Prepare monthly web metrics and progress of your website traffic vs. conversion rates
- Last but not the least – Have a constant eye on your competitor’s website and marketing strategies.
Do you have a blog or website and want to make money with it – sign up now to earn some revenue.
Day-to-day there are some changes that has been happening around web. So we Search Engine Optimizers need to be aware about all the recent happenings both the on-page optimisation techniques and off-page optimisation techniques to acquire top rankings in all major search engines, which inculde google, yahoo, rediff, msn and many more.
Below are list of few latest trends in SEO at present, which needs to be followed to get good rankings for our website.
1.) Identifying and researching proper target Keywords
2.) Professional keyword based content / copywriting
3.) Web Page Content Optimization
4.) Graphic / Image name optimization
5.) Localized / Regional / Geographical Optimization
6.) Social Media Optimization / Social Bookmarkingearch
7.) Press Releases and Articles writing / distributing
8.) Blogging, participation in discussion boards / forums
9.) Link Building – with right focus keywords
10.) Usability Testing – Based on Web Analytics
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation, has never been a hard task, until and unless we are up-to-date with the recent trends, search techniques and search engine algorithms.
“There is nothing permanent except changes” – So once you go with the changes, then really you can make a difference by achieving success. The same applies in SEO too. You don’t have to give more importance to the traditional SEO. All you have to do is, use the traditional expertise, and research new and modern tactics used in SEO. Still I don’t say, you need to omit all the traditional methods, but you can follow a few really good tactics used in traditional marketing as well.
In today’s scenario, the best way to achieve better and high ranking is building quality inbound links, anchored with functional quality keywords, related to the website.
Nowadays one-ways links and directories are given high importance than the link exchanges or reciprocal linking, which are not any more used by SEO’s until its of utmost importance.
Previously, in SEO, when a reciprocal link is given, they add the “no-follow” attribute. But nowadays, search engines no longer support this. For example, in blogs, if Google identifies, a link as a Spam link, then no longer it indexes it. So here the search engines companies have done a good job changing the search algorithms accordingly.
Also when it comes to SMO (Social Media Optimization) some websites has started no follow attributes. Recently Digg added the no-follow attribute to external links, which applies for comments, user profiles and story pages. But still its only applicable for some links and not for all.
To know more about the recent happenings and updates in SEO, you can visit some leading SEO forums or discussion boards. To know about Google’s search techniques, I think you can visits Matt Cutts Blog. Here Matt Cutts discusses about SEO, fun and lot more about books. Really a interesting stuff.
So you need to know about the recent seo trends and seo tips to better perform in search engine to achieve high/top rankings.